Big Aussie Barbie
Terms and Conditions
Big Aussie Barbie (the ‘Event’) is an initiative of Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (“PCFA”) to raise funds to support men and their families impacted by prostate cancer.
The Event opens on 20 October 2020 and ends on 15 December 2020.
By registering for the Event, the participant or the parent/guardian of a participant under 18 years, acknowledges and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The decision to participate in the Event is entirely your own and you take full responsibility for any consequence of your participation in the Event for yourself and/or your participants.
- Any content you post to the website (e.g. photos and text) is your responsibility, and you must have the necessary rights to post that content (including the consent of others who feature in the content). PCFA retains the right to delete any content posted.
- You acknowledge that PCFA reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Event at any time.
Fundraising for PCFA:
- ‘Fundraiser/s’ means the third party individual/group/organisation hosting fundraising events or activities to raise proceeds for PCFA. The Fundraiser is a third party and is not an agent of PCFA and does not receive payment for fundraising for PCFA. The Fundraiser does not represent PCFA nor speak or act on PCFA’s behalf.
- The Fundraiser’s activities are external to PCFA and therefore not official PCFA activities. The Fundraiser takes sole responsibility and liability for the planning, promotion and management of events and activities. PCFA may provide guidance and support if suitable.
- The Fundraiser’s activities must align with PCFA’s purpose and organisational values, and should not promote unhealthy lifestyle choices.
- PCFA will not endorse high risk fundraising events or activities including, but not limited to, extreme sports, use of firearms or fireworks, or any event which may detract from the principle of an inclusive society. PCFA is unable to provide public liability insurance cover to third party fundraising events.
- You acknowledge that by registering for the Event, you pledge to raise funds for PCFA to support men and their families impacted by prostate cancer.
- All fundraising conducted for this Event comes under PCFA’s authority to fundraise in the respective State or Territory in Australia and you agree to be bound by the relevant state and national fundraising legislation and abide by PCFA’s general Community Fundraising Guidelines.
- PCFA can refund a donation made in error. If you wish to request a refund, please contact PCFA via email@example.com.
Healthy Lifestyle Choices:
- PCFA encourages all Fundraisers to promote health lifestyle choices. Tips for a healthy lifestyle include maintaining a healthy weight and following recommended guidelines for food and drink consumption. Speak to your doctor about tips to improve your health. For more information, click here.
- PCFA respects and is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information it collects.
- PCFA will collect your personal information and any other information you may volunteer (such as your experience or involvement with prostate cancer) so that we can: administer and conduct the Event including sending you prizes, if you
are eligible and win (see Prizes); and keep you informed about PCFA, its fundraising activities and the important work you are supporting.
- PCFA may use your image, name and challenge result in any promotion relating to this Event, including in the Leaderboards and/or on the Event website.
- You must be registered to the Big Aussie Barbie to be eligible for any prizes.
- You must reach specified fundraising milestones to be eligible to receive these prizes:
- Raise $250 – receive a limited edition Big Aussie Barbie aprons (limited to the first 250 who reach this milestone and provide an address)
- Raise $500 – be entered into a competition to win 1 of 10 signed Matthew Hayden cookbooks.
- Raise $1000 – be entered into a competition to win 1 of 3 special edition, signed and PCFA inscribed cricket bats.
- Prizes cannot be redeemed or exchanged for any other products.
Authority to Fundraise
Agreement to these terms and conditions gives the registered Big Aussie Barbie participant authority to fundraise in support of the work of Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA) for the following fundraising event:
Event: Big Aussie Barbie
Date of Event: 20 October – 15 December 2020
Dates of fundraising authority: 20 October – 15 December 2020
Thank you for having a go and helping change the lives of Australian men and their loved ones who are affected by prostate cancer. Around 1 in 6 men will get prostate cancer in their lifetime.
Your support is helping us to create a future where prostate cancer is no longer a killer, where side effects are minimal and where men are well informed and supported.
PCFA relies on the generosity of the community to carry out our essential work. Together we can achieve a great deal for men living with prostate cancer and improve the health outcomes for future generations.
The funds and awareness you raise are vital. Thank you again for making a difference.